The Edit is celebrating Double Denim Day and would like all our readers to get involved. The Double Denim Campaign, created by Burton dares you to match as many denim items in one outfit as you can and wear it to uni or to work, or wherever you happen to be going.
We are so keen to see people recreate the outfits of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake that they wore all those years ago, that we have two competitions for you to enter to help you find the courage to go out dressed head to toe in denim.
The Edit are running their own competition, where the person dressed in the best denim outfit will win a £50 Arcadia group voucher – that can be spent in Burtons, Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, BHS, Evans, Topman, Outfit, and Miss Selfridge.
We want to walk into GCU and see people dressed in double denim, or preferably wearing three or four denim items. The best picture that gets posted on our page will win a £50 voucher for the arcadia group.
Here is how you enter our competition: Starting today
1) Gather your most fabulous denim clothes, and co-ordinate them into one outfit.
2) Wear the outfit out, and get one of your friends to take a pic of you in it.
3) Share the photo with The Edit’s facebook page
The competition starts today, and the editors of the magazine will pick the winner and it will be announced next Tuesday, when the competition ends. The winner could be who is the most stylish, or who is the most enthusiastic about the Double Denim Campaign. So get thinking of what you can wear!
The official Double Denim Day is on March 4th, and Burton, the creator of the day have got another competition for you to get involved in. With this competition you could win £300 of Arcadia Group vouchers – yes you read that right, £300! You will also win a lot of respect from your friends for embracing such a look…
*This competition is already running, and finishes March 4th. So quick – find that denim jacket and your mum’s old Levi’s and get snapping.*
1) Upload a picture of yourself in your best/boldest/most cringey double denim outfit on the Burtons Facebook Page
2) Between March 5th and March 11th, return to the page and cast your vote for who you think should win – worth a look to see what people have been brave enough to wear out!
3) The winner will be announced on March 12th.
The Edit’s Tips of Double Denim
Years ago double denim was a bit of a ‘no no’ when it came to fashion, but now it is totally acceptable, and looks cool. So the competitions are so easy to enter. I frequently wear my denim shirt with my jeans or with denim shorts.
Double Denim Commandments
- Do channel Marilyn Monroe in the 1961 film The Misfits
- Don’t take style tips from Britney and Justin at the VMAs
- Do mix up textures, shapes and colours to avoid looking too matchy-matchy
- Don’t limit yourself to blue shades: denim comes in many hues
- Do feel free to add accessories…think of your double denim look as a blank canvas and pile them on!
- Don’t wear a belt, or you could verge into trucker territory (unless that’s the look you’re going for)
If you are looking for some inspiration: